Call for Applications:
Two funded stays at RWTH Aachen University and Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
in summer 2022
Awarded by the DAAD-funded
“Global Water and Climate Adaptation Centre – Aachen, Bangkok, Chennai, Dresden
I. What is the Global Water and Climate Adaptation Centre – Aachen, Bangkok, Chennai, Dresden (ABCD-Centre)?
With the ABCD-Centre, the project partners RWTH Aachen University, Asian Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, United Nations University – Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (UNU-FLORES) and Technische Universität Dresden are joining forces in an effort to address the global challenge of water security and climate change adaptation in a systematic manner. A key objective of the ABCD-Centre is the research-oriented scientific training of talented students and researchers.
The ABCD-Centre is engaged in three intertwined research clusters:
- Cluster I: “Water Security, Water Resources Management, Secure Water Supply and Water Treatment”
- Cluster II: “Ecosystem Resilience and Nature-Based Adaptation Measures”
- Cluster III: “Transfer Strategies for Climate Adaptation: Traditional Knowledge, Local Economies and Societal Acceptance”.
It is in this context that the ABCD-Centre funds two research- and teaching stays in Aachen and Dresden in summer 2022 for researchers from IIT Madras and AIT Bangkok.
II. Current opportunity: two funded stays in summer 2022
The ABCD-Centre currently accepts applications for two funded research stays at RWTH Aachen or TU Dresden. The funding is given to successful applicants as follows:
1. one funded stay for one month for a doctoral student from IIT Madras or AIT Bangkok
2. one funded stay for one month for a postdoctoral researcher or professor from IIT Madras or AIT Bangkok
III. Who can apply?For scholarship 1:
Doctoral students from IIT Madras or AIT Bangkok who have graduated with a Master’s degree and who are engaged in the ABCD Centre’s teaching and research activities.
For scholarship 2:
Postdoctoral researchers and professors from IIT Madras and AIT Bangkok who are engaged in the ABCD Centre’s teaching and research activities.
IV. What do the scholarships entail?The scholarship consists of a mobility component, a component for accommodation and living expenses and a component for insurances. These are:
- a monthly amount for accommodation and living expenses:
- 1.200 EUR (for a doctoral student for a stay at RWTH Aachen or TU Dresden);
- 2.300 EUR (for a postdoc or professor for a stay at RWTH Aachen or TU Dresden);
- a one-time amount for travel expenses of max. 1.000 EUR.
Application processPlease send your application with the documents mentioned below in one pdf file until April 30th, 2022to:
1. Recent Curriculum Vitae;
2. Passport copy;
3. Agenda of funded stay in Aachen or Dresden including:
- planned research- or teaching activity
- planned joint activity with host at partner institution
- timeline of planned activities
- description of strategic importance for the development of the ABCD-Centre
Selection criteria and process
- The application needs to be complete to be considered;
- The ABCD-Centre advocates equal opportunities and diversity;
- The selection will be conducted by the Steering Committee of the ABCD -Centre;
- The ABCD-Centre will announce a positive selection result within four weeks after the application deadline.
- A final report has to be handed in after completing the stay (final report, max. 2 pages);
- Please refer to the German Federal Foreign Office’s website for country specific travel information;
- The funding rules and regulations by the DAAD under the program “Global Centres for Climate and Environment” apply.
- After the selection, the scholarship recipient has to confirm in a binding manner the acceptance of the scholarship